Sunday, November 6, 2022

Aviation Weekend trip #3

Bit of a change of plan from what I said yesterday and instead of going out to Thames and Matamata, I stayed in the Auckland area.

So firstly, I went off to North Shore where a bit of activity was happening from the Aero Club and a few other locals.

Here is what I saw:

Visiting Aircraft:
ZK-CGD Cessna 182P
ZK-SDE Cessna 208B

Local Aircraft:
ZK-CGW Beech 76
ZK-DMW Cessna 172S
ZK-DSJ Yakovlev Yak-52
ZK-EOH Cessna 180K
ZK-HMQ Aerospatiale AS355
ZK-IIC Aerospatiale AS350
ZK-JQA Cessna 172S
ZK-JRV Vans RV-12
ZK-LEO Cessna 182P
ZK-MDX Cessna 172P
ZK-NAZ Beech A36
ZK-RLT Maule MXT-7-180A
ZK-SRZ TL-Ultralight Tl-3000
ZK-TSP Vans RV-12iS
ZK-TZF Robin R2160
ZK-TZG Robin R2120 U
ZK-TZH Robin R2120 U
ZK-TZI Robin HR200-120B
ZK-TZK Robin R2120 U
ZK-TZL Robin R2120 U
ZK-TZM Alpha R2160
ZK-TZN Alpha R2160
ZK-VAX Robin DR400/500
ZK-WKT Cessna 172S
ZK-WYT Cessna 182T
ZK-ZGR Cessna 152
ZK-ZZB Tecnam P2008

Then a few pics:


A new one for me, nice scheme!


Looking good in the Aero Club colours at last!

First time I've seen the coastguard plane outside of the hangar, usually resides at Kerikeri




Afterwards I went down to Whenuapai as I noticed there was a bit of glider activity. Sadly, by time I got there that looked to have packed up as there was nothing happening. I did see a couple of aircraft though and there was 2 Orions and a 757 from the RNZAF parked up.

The 2 locals I saw were:

ZK-GNW Grob G109
ZK-RDW B&F Technik Vertri FK 9 Mk IV

Last stop of the day was Ardmore

Here is the different aircraft I saw compared to last 2 days:

Visiting Aircraft:
ZK-WIT Piper PA-28

Local Aircraft:
N2WG Cessna 510
N815AR Aerospatiale SA315J
ZK-BOE Boeing-Stearman E75
ZK-CAZ Vans RV-6
ZK-CKH De Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver
ZK-DAA Piper PA-24
ZK-DGY Pacific Aerospace CT/4 Airtrainer
ZK-DFH Cessna 172L
ZK-ENG North American Harvard
ZK-ENJ North American Harvard
ZK-EVL Piper PA-38
ZK-FRL Piper PA-28
ZK-JJA North American Harvard
ZK-KRM Cessna 180H
ZK-LVA Vans RV-7
ZK-MHS Lancair 360
ZK-OPA Vans RV-6
ZK-SLL Cessna 182T
ZK-TVI North American Harvard

The a few pics:


A new one for me, nice to see!


Finally getting to see this elusive one, coming in from Woodbourne


I always love seeing a Piper Comanche, first time i've seen this one outside of its hangar!

Plan tomorrow is to head home via the Matamata glider comps on for the next week. Other airfields will depend on how long i'm at Matamata, but most likely will just go straight to Taupo for a look and then home.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pic of DAA, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was Duty Pilot at WASC on Sunday. Only club movement that day was a PA38 to Whangarei and back in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete