Saturday, January 22, 2022

Stratford Open Day

Stratford Sport Flyers hold an annual open day during January and this years one was an absolute treat.

An early start of 6am on the road for me, but the journey up I spotted no clouds anywhere (No exaggeration!) and I arrived at Stratford just after 9:30am. A few aircraft had already arrived and the locals had got most of their aircraft out on static for the day, but the fun was only just beginning.

A nice variety of aircraft from as far south as Foxpine, as far east as Gisborne and as far north as North Shore attended, sadly no Yak or Trojan display whilst I was there due to other circumstances. But this is what I saw:

The visiting Aircraft:
N100NA Piper PA-32R
ZK-AXJ Auster J5
ZK-BAZ Piper PA-24
ZK-CFT Gardan GY-80
ZK-CJV ICP Savannah
ZK-DFL Piper PA-28
ZK-DLI Grumman American AA-5A
ZK-DMK Alpi Pioneer 300
ZK-EZY Cli-mate 100
ZK-FTZ Staaken Z-21
ZK-LAX Aeroprakt A-22
ZK-LFD Aeroprakt A-22
ZK-LPD Alpi Pioneer 300
ZK-MAS Cessna TR182
ZK-MEY Zenair CH601
ZK-MMC X-Air Hanuman
ZK-NGT BRM Aero NG5
ZK-NGZ BRM Aero NG5
ZK-PCB Alpi Pioneer 200
ZK-PMD SPA Panther
ZK-REV Cessna 172
ZK-RJK Gardan GY-20
ZK-RZB Zenair CH601
ZK-SAM BRM Aero NG5
ZK-SXR Sonex
ZK-TES Tecnam P92
ZK-THK Bygate Tiger Hawk
ZK-VCP Czech Sportcruiser
ZK-VNZ Van's RV-6
ZK-VXN Aeroprakt A-32
ZK-WHO Van's RV-3
ZK-WLK Van's RV-8
ZK-ZOD Zenair CH601

Locals on Static display:
ZK-CYG Sister SF-2A Cygnet
ZK-CZH Taylor Monoplane
ZK-DBZ Zenair CH601 (From nearby Strip)
ZK-EEF Gardan GY20
ZK-GUY Glaser-Dirks DG-100
ZK-IFS Hughes 369E
ZK-JKS Aerochute Dual Deluxe
ZK-JNV ICP Savannah
ZK-JPX Zenair CH601
ZK-JQT Zenair CH601 (From nearby Strip)
ZK-MKE Fokker D.VII Replica
ZK-OBH Zenair CH601
ZK-RFD B & F Technik FK-14B
ZK-RGV Supermarine Spitfire Replica
ZK-RPL Rotor Hawk Falcon 1
ZK-SAL TL Ultralight 2000 (From nearby Strip)
ZK-SND Monnet Sonerai
ZK-SNW Monnet Sonerai
ZK-SRP Zenair CH601
ZK-SSF Zenair CH601
ZK-TGC Aeropro Eurofox
ZK-WER Alpi Pioneer 200
ZK-YEX Waiex

Other Locals hangared:
ZK-DGV Jodel D.11
ZK-EEJ Ceesna 180B
ZK-GGH Schleicher Ka.6
ZK-GPV Schempp-Hirth Discus
ZK-GVW Schleicher ASW 20
ZK-GWZ Grob Twin Astir
ZK-JLZ Zenair CH701
ZK-JTA Aeroprakt A-22
ZK-PBH R & B Bearhawk
ZK-SNJ Monnet Sonerai
ZK-STA Jabiru J230
ZK-TKF Micro Aviation Bantam

Then photos of my highlights from the day:


A very nice catch to come in from Te Kowhai, a new one for me!

Wearing new colours on tail since last time I saw it

My first time getting a picture of the Fokker D.VII

New one for me!

Another new one for me!

Yet another new one for me!

Again a new one for me!

Another new one for me!

Very hard to find the registration on this, but is nonetheless Aerochute ZK-JKS, a new one for me!

My last new one for the day!

Was great to walk away with 8 aircraft i've never seen before. I ended the day at about 3:30pm and went straight home. A very enjoyable day and well worth the trip up!

No comments:

Post a Comment