Sunday, March 20, 2022

Trip up north part 2

As I put in my post yesterday I was doing a trip up around Matamata and Tauranga for 2 days. As I suspected the weather wasn't the best in Tauranga, so decided to just head straight back home with quick stops to look at Rotorua and Taupo along the way.

So firstly I did a quick look round Tauranga again and only change was the local Cessna R172K ZK-KDB showing itself.

Next up was Rotorua and here is what I saw

Visiting Aircraft:
ZK-PGE Pacific Aerospace Cresco

Local Aircraft:
ZK-EJN Jodel D.11
ZK-GED ZSLS SZD-9
ZK-GMM Grob Standard Astir
ZK-IKJ Aerospatiale AS.350
ZK-IVA Aerospatiale AS.350
ZK-SCJ Jodel D.18
ZK-VAS DHC 3 Otter (From nearby Lake)

Only the one photo:




Then next stop was Taupo, sadly there was no change from yesterday, but did grab a few pics:


Orbit Helicopter's Aerospatiale AS.355 ZK-ICK

Cessna 172N ZK-UWE

Orbit Helicopter's Cessna 208B ZK-EXX


Lastly I stopped off at Kapiti as I had made good time getting home and got a couple of pics:


First time i've seen a Gyro at Kapiti. AutoGyro MTOsport ZK-RTO has been at Kapiti over the weekend doing some local flights.

The afternoon Sounds Air flights were being operated by Pilatus PC.12 ZK-PLB still in the RFDS of Australia scheme.

Not too bad of a weekend, 7 new ones for me. Now to rest for the week I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment