Tuesday, February 7, 2023

South Island trip #5

 Well, I did the plan I had put forth on Sunday for yesterday. Only trouble is nothing was really happening so didn't bother with a post.

Instead, I'll do a collective of what I saw at Taieri with what I also saw today.

So, here is everything I saw at Taieri which differs from what I saw on Sunday:

Visiting Aircraft:
ZK-HAI Robinson R22 Beta

Local Aircraft:
ZK-CZM Jodel D.11
ZK-FOP Piper PA-31-350
ZK-HWK Bell 206B
ZK-HWN Bell 206B
ZK-HWQ Bell 206B
ZK-ICU Airbus Helicopters MBB-BK117 D-3
ZK-IOD Guimbal Cabri G2
ZK-IWG Kawasaki BK117 B-2
ZK-IWM Bell 206B
ZK-JSS Piper PA-28R-201
ZK-LSP Piper PA-34-220T
ZK-LXB Sisler SF-2A Cygnet
ZK-MMK Rand Kar Xair
ZK-WFC SkyStar Kitfox IV
ZK-XAS Rans S-6S Coyote II
ZK-YAT Cessna R172K
ZK-ZLB Bushby Midget Mustang


So after spending a good portion of the morning at Taieri, I headed back up north towards Christchurch. Didn't bother with checking Oamaru and Waimate as not much was happening at either. So next stop was Timaru where there was quite a bit going on. Here is everything I saw that differs from what I saw on Sunday, including a look inside the local Museum:

Visiting Aircraft:
ZK-EOI Cessna 172N

Local Aircraft:
ZK-CFB Bowers Fly Baby
ZK-DAW Cessna 172L
ZK-DDG Beech V35
ZK-DUH Ibis Magic GS-700
ZK-JPZ Rans S4 Coyote
ZK-NJC Just Aircraft SuperSTOL
ZK-WOT Tom Cadet Boorabee Mk.1

Museum:
C-GTSX Robinson R.22HP
VT-NED Fokker F.27 Friendship 500
ZK-EJB First Strike Bobcat
ZK-EYN Ultralight Mirage
ZK-FWA Easy Riser
ZK-GLY Elliots EoN Olympia 2
ZK-JKE Sopwith Camel Replica

And some pics from around the place:







Afterwards I trekked up to Ashburton where again there was nothing happening, so last stop was Christchurch and here is what I saw that differed from Sunday:

Visiting Aircraft:
ZK-HAR Robinson R44
ZK-HMZ Hughes 369HS
ZK-HTF Robinson R44 II
ZK-IME Kawasaki BK117 B-2
ZK-ROC Piper PA-34-200

Local Aircraft:
ZK-EYG Piper PA-38-112
ZK-HYI Guimbal Cabri G2
ZK-IGI Airbus Helicopters MBB-BK117 D-2
ZK-LJD Piper PA-28-161
ZK-MBE Piper PA-28-161
ZK-TZZ Partenavia P 68C

Not too bad of a day, plan tomorrow is to head up to Omaka where the National Comps start tomorrow. Looking like a good few days ahead for the comps, looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment